Institution: Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakech; Morocco
Laboratory/Department: Lab Pharmacology, Neurobiology & Behavior, Dept Biology, Fac Sciences Semlalia, Marrakech,
Position: Professor of Physiology and Neuroscience
Research topic: Neurodevelopmental study of certain psychiatric diseases in animal models:
- Post-traumatic stess
- Thalamocortical control,
- Thalamo-amygdala control,
- pain comorbidities with anxiety/inattention/impulsivity
Methodologies: morphological approaches (Golgi COX, Tract tracing), immunohistochemistry, electrophysiology recordings, behavioral paradigms
3 significant publications:
- Ouhaz Z, Ba-M’hamed S, Mitchell AS, Elidrissi A, Bennis M Behavioral and cognitive changes after early postnatal lesions of the rat mediodorsal thalamus. Behav Brain Res. 292:219-32 (2015).
- Bentefour Y, RakibiY, Bennis M, BaM’hamed S, Garcia R. Paroxetine treatment, following behavioral suppression of PTSD-like symptoms in mice, prevents relapse by activating the infralimbic cortex. European Neuropsychopharmacology 26, 195–207 (2016).
- Bouchatta O, Ouhaz Z, Ba-Mhamed S, Kerekes N, Bennis M. Acute and chronic glue sniffing effects and consequences of withdrawal on aggressive behavior. Life Sci. 2016 May 1;152:14-20. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2016.03.013.
Participation in the EMN-Online teaching:
- S1 – Scientific communication
- S2 – Tools & technical approaches in Neurosciences
- S3 – From sensation to perception