Institution: University of Valencia; Spain
Laboratory/Department: Functional Neurobiology
Position: Associate Professor of Cell Biology
Research topic: Experience in the study of neural circuits mediating innate behavioural responses, especially those involving emotional learning, such as social and sexual behaviours:
- Amygdala and emotions. Study of the role of the amygdala in the generation of emotional and motivated behaviours and its pathologies.
- Neurobiology of sociosexual behaviour. Study of the neural circuitry and endocrinology underlying the control of sexual attraction, agonistic encounters (aggression) and maternal behaviour.
Methodologies: Tract-tracing techniques, immunocytochemistry, behavioural paradigms.
3 significant publications:
- Salais-López H, Lanuza E, Agustín-Pavón C, Martínez-García F. Tuning the brain for motherhood: prolactin-like central signalling in virgin, pregnant, and lactating female mice. Brain Struct Funct. 2016 Jun 25. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27344140.
- Cádiz-Moretti B, Otero-García M, Martínez-García F, Lanuza E. Afferent projections to the different medial amygdala subdivisions: a retrograde tracing study in the mouse. Brain Struct Funct. 2016 Mar;221(2):1033-65.
- Martín-Sánchez A, McLean L, Beynon RJ, Hurst JL, Ayala G, Lanuza E, Martínez-Garcia F. From sexual attraction to maternal aggression: when pheromones change their behavioural significance. Horm Behav. 2015 Feb;68:65-76.
Participation in the EMN-Online teaching:
- S1 – Functional and Cognitive Anatomy
- S1 – Cellular neurobiology/physiology
- S2 – Methodologies
- S4 – Master’s Thesis